© Hero Images, Getty Images
With all the recent frenzy about who is Latina and who isn't (Fergie, J. Alba, etc.) we decided to create the definitive lists of characteristics that can help you determine whether or not you have what it takes to be Latina.
You know you are Latina:
1. If you can't fight the urge to clap on a plane that has just landed!
2. If your boyfriend plucks, waxes or in any other way grooms his eyebrows even more than you do, then not only are you a Latina - you're most likely dating a Latino!
3. If even though you're fluent in English, you still refer to going grocery shopping as a compra.
4. If you have ever committed the cardinal sin and fashion faux pas of wearing socks with sandals!
5. If something immensely sad or something immensely adorable both elicit the exact same response of "Ay Bendito!"
6. If your grandmother's chancletas seemed to have some mystical boomerang powers, you know, she threw it at you and somehow it was magically back in her hand before you could even look up from your hiding place, then you are definitely Latina!
7. If Vick's VaporRub was pronounced Bibaporú and used by everyone in your family to cure anything from burns to acne to La Gripa to infertility.
8. If you have ever sat down on a couch and then immediately fallen off because of the slippery smooth surface created by the plastic covering the entire living room set...Latina all the way baby!
9. If you grew up with a mother and/or grandmother who made you eat a ton of their food to prove how much you loved them, and then called you gordita five minutes later while pinching your chichos!
10. If you are completely fed up with being called, fiery, spicy, caliente or any other adjective that could also describe a chili pepper, you are absolutely, positively, undeniably Latina.
What do you think? Let us know and be sure to share any other surefire sign of Latinidad with us!
Read the original story on Latina.com:
Put this down before anyone else reads this. There are enough stereotypes about the "angry, loud latinas" out there. No need to create even more.
only the chancleta and tha baporu , the rest I don't know , examples chichos?????????? wtf Is that???
I think this applies to Puerto Ricans but not to latinas.
porfavor de que estan hablandooo?